The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022).
After installing the visitor id workstation client, either a new installation or an upgrade, when launching visitor id an error message appears: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)”.
Some files have lost their read/write permissions which is causing visitor id to not start correctly.
Find the files that have lost their read/write permissions and add the permissions for the users.
- Download Process Manager from Sysinternals.
- Run Process Manager and setup a filter for the vloader.exe and visitorid.exe processes.
- Start visitor id from the shortcut on the desktop.
- When the error appears, search the Process Manager log for results that show ACCESS DENIED.
- Use File Explorer to navigate to these files.
- Update the file Security Permissions and give Read/Write or Modify permissions to Everyone.